A New Category of Blast Media
What is a Superoxalloy Abrasive?
An engineered alloy of Oxide minerals created through highly controlled formulation and tempering. This process creates non-crystalline (amorphous) particles that resist breakage under stress of high-speed mechanical impact.
- Contains no beryllium or heavy metals
- Contains no free silica
- No fracture planes where traditional abrasives tend to break and form dust
- Ideal profile and clean surface finish
- Higher profile threshold
- Low dust, better visibility, safer
- Efficient use of particle energy, requiring less abrasive
- Flowability: allow smooth delivery of abrasive at low settings
- Versatility: achieve multiple steps in one pass
- Leaves a bright, clean, profiled finish with minimal embedment or other residues
KinetiX market applications include large production & maintenance jobs, shipyards, bridges, tanks, pipelines, rail and more. Advantages include exceptional speed, difficult coatings removal, superior surface quality, long blast hold time, no rework, reusability in reclaim systems, low dust and superior health and safety.
EpiX market applications include fabrication, device and equipment manufacturing, specialty parts and coatings. Advantages include exceptional speed, difficult coatings, surface quality, no rework, reusability in reclaim systems, low dust and health and safety. Eliminate extra surface preparation steps: chemical stripping, burn off, mechanical scraping