Baking Soda Blasters
M-Series™ Multi-Media Blaster
Schmidt® Portable Blaster M-Series™ Multi-Media Blaster
Multi-Media Blaster | The Schmidt® M-Series blasters add flexibility to your blasting operation. These multi-media units can be used with a wider range of abrasive media than standard blasters, including sodium multi-media portable Sandblastericarbonate, aluminum oxide, plastic, glass beads, crushed glass, and even steel grit. Use a single system for all your jobs—from cleaning surface grease and oil to stripping rust or paint. The M-Series can achieve the surface profile you need because you have the ability to use the abrasive best suited for the job.
The key to these multi-tasking systems is in the precision controls. A pressure regulator reduces blast pressure when working with delicate objects. The full port bypass allows work on tougher applications, while differential pressure control provides consistent media flow when blasting with lightweight abrasives. Other features including a media vibrator and the built-in efficiency of the Schmidt 90-degree cone bottom to assist with the smooth flow of nearly any type of abrasive. Combined with the Thompson Valve II metering valve and G2 deadman control, the M-Series is designed to tackle a wide range of applications in a single system.
Features (1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 cu. ft. units):
- 150 psi (10.3 bar)-rated, 90° cone bottom pressure vessel with integral lid and screen
- Integrated load skid
- Inlet filter
- Blast pressure and tank pressure regulators for precise blast control
- Media vibrator to improve light media flow
- Ball valve with quick-detach clamps for easy removal of the Thompson Valve II
- Easy-to-use media shut-off valve
- Internal grit suppression valve to reduce media backflow into controls
- Normally closed TVII abrasive metering valve (tungsten carbide, slotted sleeve)
- G2 pneumatic deadman control, 55′ twinline control hose, 55′ water line with wet blast attachment for dust suppression
- Full port by-pass (not available on 1.5cf unit)
About the M-Series:
The M-Series abrasive blasters are designed to be used with a broader range of abrasive media than a typical blaster. The M-Series have features to allow for blasting at high or low pressure, as well as features for improved abrasive flow and flow control. These include a pressure regulator to reduce blast air pressure when working with delicate objects, full pressure bypass for working with tougher applications (not available on mini or 1.5 cu. ft. models) and differential pressure control for enhanced operation when blasting with lightweight abrasives. A media vibrator and the built-in efficiency of the Schmidt 90° cone bottom assist with smooth flow of abrasive, regardless of media type.
Additional Features and Options:
- Low overall height for easier filling and handling
- Specially engineered chassis gives easy access to the Thompson Valve II (TVII) metering valve
- An abrasive shutoff valve allows removal of the TVII without emptying abrasive from the vessel
- Electric controls available
- Remote abrasive cutoff option available for conveniently blasting air without abrasive (such as cleanup)
0.9 cu. ft./26 L Mini M-Series Blaster
125 psi (8.6 bar) system includes wheels and single pipe handle instead of load skid and 25′ of twinline control hose and 25′ water line instead of 55′. Also includes 3/4″ ID x 25′ blast hose with 3/16″ SN nozzle. All other standard system features included— vessel with lid and screen, TVII with tungsten carbide, slotted sleeve, G2 pneumatic deadman and wet blast attachment.
|Schmidt “MINI” Multi-Media Blaster||0.9 cu ft.||¾” piping|
|Schmidt M-11 Multi-Media Blaster||1.5 cu ft.||1″ piping|
|Schmidt M-21 Multi-Media Blaster||2.0 cu ft.||1 ¼” piping|
|Schmidt M-31 Multi-Media Blaster||3.0 cu ft.||1 ¼” piping|
About Norton Sandblasting Equipment
Norton Sandblasting Equipment is a premier stocking distributor for the leading manufacturers of surface preparation, dust collection, and industrial vacuum equipment and product lines. We are also leaders in the industry for newer technologies such as Sponge Blasting, Automation. Robotics and Laser Ablation technologies. Be sure to visit our Norton Sandblasting Equipment on Facebook.